AudioPlay version 1.x is currently deprecated. Please use AudioPlay2 - http://strangecube.com/audioplay2/AudioPlay 1.0.1 has been released. What's new ?
- some code cleanup and small bugfixes
What the AudioPlay is ?
AudioPlay is a one button Freeware MP3 player based on Flash technology. Simple upload AudioPlay and music file to your web host account ...and that's all :-). Edit configuration (config.xml or put options directly to URL). You could customize background color, loop settings and autostart options. You can customize player's play/stop button by preparing your own button images. If you are looking for demo player for your sound clips or background music player for your website then AudioPlay is ideal for you. Additionally AudioPlay is very lightweight.
AudioPlay could be also used as online music player. Simple put proper information into AudioPlay's generator. Next copy generated code and paste it into your page. Player could be used on your blog, music portfolio, wherever you want.
Appearance of player is fully customizable.
How to add an AudioPlay button to your website ?
Method 1: Use AudioPlay Online Generator.
Method 2: Download AudioPlay and install it on your website.
Upload all extracted files. Prepared archives contains ready to use index.html file with example configuration. If you want use multiple instances of AudioPlay on your web page use 'audioplay.swf?playerid=XXX' instead of 'audioplay.swf' in object/embed tags where XXX is unique identification string. Next change 'playerid' attributes in config.xml file, add some players if necessary. Another way is URL configuration. Here is the list of possible parameters:
- auto - autostart (yes|no), default no
- bgcolor - background color (color in hex format, 0xff0000 for red for example), default 0x000000 (black)
- repeat - how many times music will be played, 0 - infinite loop, default setting
- file - music file path, default 'music.mp3'
- buttondir - path to button directory, default 'buttons/classic'
- mode - select player mode: 'playpause' (default) or 'playstop' (stop button stops streaming)
- listenstop - stop/pause after clicking play on other player, default 'yes'
- sendstop - send stop/pause command to other players after play button click, default 'yes'
- trackid - unique track id (used with 'nexttrack' parameter), default empty
- nexttrack - which player will start after playing will be finished, default empty
- usebgcolor - disables transparency if set to 'yes', 'bgcolor' will be used as background, default 'no'
- fadeindur - alpha fade-in duration, default 0
- mastervol - master volume (0-100), default 100
- autostartdelay - autostart after specified number of milliseconds (if autostart feature is enabled) - default 500 (NEW !)
- playscriptfile - URL of external script which will be executed after play button click (NEW !)
- pausescriptfile - URL of external script which will be executed after pause button click (NEW !)
- stopscriptfile - URL of external script which will be executed after stop button click (NEW !)
- configfile - URL of configuration file (default 'config.xml')
- einterface - use external interface (yes|no) - default no (NEW !)
- initbuf - (inititial buffering) music download starts immediately after player loads (yes|no - default: no)(NEW !)
- Using any above parameters (except 'configfile') cause ignoring 'playerid' parameter and configuration file !
How can I use AudioPlay on my blog ?
AudioPlay generator produces HTML code. Open your post in HTML mode (in WordPress for example there are two tabs for each editing post - Visual and HTML) and paste there generated code.
Can player automatically stop other players after play click ?
- playMusic() - plays music
- stopMusic() - stops music (works only in play/stop mode)
- pauseMusic() - pause music (works only in play/pause mode)
if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1)
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="audioplay.swf?playerid=1">
<PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE="transparent">
<PARAM NAME="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<embed wmode="transparent" src="audioplay.swf?playerid=1" quality=high width="30" height="30" name="player1" allowScriptAccess="always"
How can I trigger external scripts (php for example) from AudioPlay ?
There are three useful configuration parameters:
- playscriptfile - URL of script that will be triggered when play will be pressed
- stopscriptfile - URL of script that will be triggered when stop will be pressed
- playscriptfile - URL of script that will be triggered when pause will be pressed
<allow-access-from domain="*" />
Occasionally player must be clicked twice to play/stop/pause in Firefox.
There is a known bug in Firefox and it is related to 'wmode' parameter in embed tag. You should make small changes in EMBED tag to avoid this problem.
- Delete 'wmode=transparent' from EMBED tag.
- Change 'bgcolor' parameter in audioplay.swf or 'backgroundColor' tag in config.xml. Change 'bgcolor' parameter in EMBED tag too. It should be the same as your website's backround color.
- Add 'usebgcolor=yes' parameter to audioplay.swf or <usebgcolor>yes</usebgcolor> to config.xml
bgcolor=0x507050&mode=playpause&usebgcolor=yes" bgcolor=#507050 quality=high width="30" height="30" align=""
I have problems with running AudioPlay on my local computer.
AudioPlay requires some files to start (music file, config.xml, and buttons images). That files are local when you trying to play audioplay.swf from your local computer. Some browsers disallows access to that files by default. It could be changed by setting opportunely options in your web browser, but problem disappears when you upload AudioPlay's files to your web account.
AudioPlay doesn't show up.
Ensure that all files (config.xml, button images, music file) has right paths and permissions.
I want to use larger or smaller buttons than 30x30 pixels, how can I do it?
You could change Flash movie dimensions in object/embed tag to adjust it to dimensions of your buttons images.
What about license, warranty?
Because the program is licensed as Freeware, there is no warranty for the program. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the program is with you.